R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RB USA Service
Thread: RB USA Service
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 04:46 AM
vladconnery
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryanroma
Whatever. All I know is that I only buy parts from companies that make dependable parts and will honor their warranty and improve their quality standards to throw out the possibly weak parts in the future.
Then your first statement does not make sense. RB has probally the most reliable line of engines. Not to mention quite a few World Championships. Is there anything more they need to do to prove they make quality engines.
I guess maybe break the land speed record would be nice. Not to mention your talking about putting a engine in an OFNA LX quality is not a priority to you. Now if you said Kyosho, Xray, Mugen now thats quality. Seems more like a price issue. Saying you only buy from companys that make dependable parts says your not buyin quality cause you should not need parts. However in this hobby everything is subject to breakage its the nature of the hobby. Show me a race engine company that has a warranty expressed or implied. Or even a buggy manufactor that has some sort of warranty. Fact is these engines and buggys are treated about as bad as you can treat something. I doubt many people would treat there personal cars or engines the way they treat there buggys (toys).

Originally Posted by ryanroma
Well this pretty much eliminates the chances of me buying an RB motor to put in my Ofna LX I'm getting lol..
Customer service is something you look for from a internet provider, cell phone provider, TV manufature, cable co, online hobbystore not a race engine manufacture.

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
You know, I need to apoligize. You guys are right, 15 years of using OS engines, I've never sent one engine back, or ever called customer service. So why would I feel that I would have problems with RB? It has provin itself over and over. So how does bad customer service affect me? I guess it really doesn't.
+1
Exactly my point. I have broken parts and messed up engines. However I never thought it was the companys fault. It was'nt like the engine split in half when I turned it over, or the hsn fell off when I looked at it. I can trace practically every problem I've had with an engine or buggy back to USER ERROR! Now that I have a descent amount of experience I seldom have issues with anything I buy. If I placed any weight on internet banter I would have never bought my first RB or my Losi.