R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Experienced 8th Scale Racers...Need Opinions!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:28 PM
UN4RACING
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJ919
Need some experienced Nitro runners/racers opinions. I've been out of RC "racing" for a while now. Looking to start racing again on a consistent basis in the up coming year. In the past I've raced/ran: Offroad 10th 2wd Trucks, Oval Carpet, On-road Tour, Carpet tour, and Drifting. All electric platforms...
Coming back into RC Racing I want to invest in consistent classes that have big participating numbers. In other words when I go out to the track on the weekend, I'm confident that the class I race in will always have a good number of participants & competitors.
For the off-road Nitro, Its 8th scale Buggy & Truggy that I'm looking at. I'm already looking @ a few kits, but I want the opinions of the experienced. I've never ran Nitro, or 8th scale before, so this will be a brand new experience for me. I do learn FAST though Are the Buggy Platforms better for a newbie, or is it the Truggy rides that are more stable?...Does it matter?
I'm looking to spend within the 500 buck or lower range. Looking for opinons on solid platforms that will be the best bang for my bucks. Tech support, upgrading ease, Good instruction manuals, and balanced racing performance is what I look for most. RTRs that run solid out of the box, but have great racing upgrade parts are in high consideration as well.
All opinions are valued & Appreciated!
I have this for sale on our local site. All you need is a fuel bottle and a charger for the batteries in the starter box.
If you want more info let me know this deal will put you in the pro class fast.
Tip top new shape and Ready to Race. Seriously the deal of the year right here. I want to keep it local but its been up for a week or 2.
http://www.heartlandrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4112