R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed...
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 11:25 PM
IanWright
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks guys... really quick responses as well!

Ok... he has already worked out buggies are more competitive than trucks as a class, looks like he is going to be racer!

I would assume then that 1/10th RTR's aren't the same moneypit as Nitro mainly due to the servos and the weight of the car?

... and that there are chargers that will do both LiPo and Nimh? Lipo hasn't gotten anywahere near me yet so i don't fully understand it. I daresay though this will inspire me to ressurect the RC10 of old for some fun, and the GF wants to drive as well... so LiPo will come up for all of us at some point.

I see the sense of a decent charger from the start, i have been through a few cheap ones for RX packs mself.

Of course we will talk it through with him, but the track is right on our doorstep and kn0wing his comments so far and spirit of competition i can't see him being a basher and being at the track on his spare days... i know myself it's only fun for a few seconds with no one to race and nothing to challenge in the way of a track to get faster on We have been talking about a 1/10th track in our yard as well...

He is mechanical minded from what we have seen and super smart... he replaced the other clutch shoes on my car after i showed him the first. He was quicker than my third, fourth and fith time...

Thanks for the tips and links, much appreciated and i have taken note!