R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc10ntc3
Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2003, 07:05 PM
Isaac
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sorry I don't agree with bleping the throttle as you say. When you drive your car do you blep the throttle? Does the average F1 driver blep the throttle around a corner? It's more like ease on and ease off. R/C drivers need to learn throttle control. Like 1/4, 1/2 or full throttle. Case in point I go to the races with an 1/8 scale friend. He pits for me and visa versa. His closest rival bleps and my racing partner learned to ease on off and on racing electric and having bad luck in a main when his front belt broke. Blep the throttle with 1/8 scale power with 2 wheel drive and you're spinning out. The "blep" guy was (I say was) the fast guy after some throttle discipline his lap times show the difference between blepping and ease on ease off. Seen a lot of MPEGs of the fast gas guys; I hear no bleps. Just my opinion

Further: When you blep at some point you are off the throttle. Road course racing is about corner speed and momentum. If you can get through a corner 1/2 throttle or 1/4 throttle the guy blepping his gas will have slower exit speed. Trust me. My buddy does not have the fastest motor on the track but he leaves the blep 1/8th scaler down the straight. Corner speed.

Last edited by Isaac; 08-23-2003 at 07:14 PM.