Old 09-05-2008, 09:52 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have been regularly truing my tires down for the oval now. I start them at 2.260 and usually try them out in practice once before the race. This means there is a little more stability in tire size and the wheel wells need not be large enough to fit the new large tire. Undoubtedly this will help a little. I have also taken special pains with this body to get the foam cut line square with the ground by removing a little body rake. I will see how this goes. I have left generous portions of body behind the wheelwell. I forgot to mask these off with a wedge shaped clear section that might improve appearance at the back a little. Anyway here is a pic. I should be just a tad faster and lighter than my previous body which was reinforced underneath. An extra stiffener is suggested on the right rear quarter panel aft of the tire. I am going to watch this area during a run and see if it is deflecting. Yes my paint scheme is similar, but this helps both the new guys and myself when lapping traffic. I still prefer this J Concepts 110 Illusion 7.25 inch wide Touring Car Wing on HPI 85193 tall wing mounts over the more typical Oval wings with big side dams. It is much lighter, keeps the cars center of gravity low and has plenty of downforce on flat asphalt. My tests show its a bit faster as well.
john
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Protoform Toyota HD Summit 007 Resized.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	368227  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 09-05-2008 at 11:08 PM.