Thread: t-plate
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 08:04 AM
cjtamu
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCabcs
truer words have never been spoken

reminds me of a time last year when a guy that was being blazingly fast (whole lotta motor) and kept bragging what a great driver he thought he was "at least when he finished a race" and after getting tired of hearing it week in and week out I finally told him that he'd be a lot better of a driver if he'd actually win regularly and to win regularly he needed to finish every race and to finish he needed to stop wrecking and breaking parts.
the bragging ended that day
LOL, I learned the hard way. 6 years ago I showed up with my brand new RC10GT at what I thought was a club race, turned out it was a big regional race, 140+ entries. I stayed, ran Sportsman, and was in 3rd with about 1:30 left and a big lead over 4th and was gonna podium in my first race. That's when I decided to race the first place truck (who was lapping me again) down the straight. You know how that ended, LOL. By the time they got the ballcup back on and refired it I was in 4th. Lesson 1: if people are lapping you there's a reason for it, let them by when you have a chance. Back then Frosty, Joor, Nick Angelides, Cristian Tabush, etc. were still racing here and I learned Lesson 2: Just cause guys with world class skills drive the track a certain way it doesn't mean you can! It only took about $50 worth of broken parts to figure that out. Slow learner I guess, ha ha ha.