R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 10:11 AM
1RC_ROOKIE
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by boostfiend
For what it's worth....

I wrote to Losi and asked them directly if there was an 'update' or new buggy coming for the Worlds. They wrote me back the next morning with;

"We are always working on new projects, but nothing official at this time." (which is the same answer they gave Neobuggy in June/July)

I personally think the following happened (from what I've been reading)

Losi began plans to make the Oval 8ight. So they stopped the production/building of the "Pro Roller" and began making the Oval. News got out that production on the Rollers had stopped. Rumor 1.

Then Drake and Truhe began testing of the Electric 8ight. I don't know how someone could confuse the electric car with the nitro car, but the body DOES look different. It's more narrow in places - perhaps someone thought it was a new chassis/front end layout. Rumor 2.

Total speculation of course.

Perhaps Truhe was in fact testing a new front end for the 8ight. Dunno.

Anyway, from a business standpoint, it makes very little or NO sense to tool up a new buggy design when you have three models using the same chassis, drivetrain and suspension.

My guess is they'll bring out the newest offering for the next Worlds in 2010.

Then again; what do *I* know!? hehe

Thx,

That makes tons of sence, why would anyone make a another product on that platform just to change it in a couple of months. I think the Losi 8 is top notch in its current platform, would be nice though...

Dan