R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What will electric do to nitro?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 06:56 AM
DJ919
Tech Master

Wow, good posts about the characteristics of the different racing crowds. But I don't think it should be just stamped onto the electric guys and gals. Those kind of attitudes is all through out any form of competition. Often times it can be mistaken though. Some people are just more concentrated than others. I'll use myself for example. Yes, I'm very cometitive when it comes to racing...I'm the type that will race you're aerodyamic machine with a Brick...If you beat me, I'll go home think of how to beat you the following week...With that VERY same Brick!...Thats just me, but NEVER will I be known as a snob, thats not cool for anyone to be that way...In the pits I love talking and joking with everyone...On the track, I'm all business, simply because that's what I PAID registration for...To race and have good finishes and a win here and there. I use to think the same way about some individuals I ran with, but after really looking at things, ya just figure that Some find the fun in being competitive on and off the track. Nitro or Electric, there are individuals that find it fun being all business. They don't look at this as just a hobby, they look at this as their serious sport. Its their weekend Baseball, Softball, or Football league and they came to play hard... Yeah, some need to loosen up and be a bit more friendly, but hey, maybe they don't realize it because they are serious about being there to win or place well in races. Yes, some do find "FUN" in doing that...I don't think I know of anyone, Electric or Nitro, that consistently had bad races, always lost, or broke, that actually stayed a happy camper within this hobby/sport. But, its always best to be friendly to everyone, because electric, or nitro, you support the same cause.