R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What to do with a Heli?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 10:03 PM
jrwoodchuck
Tech Master

I've been flying helis for almost 15 years, and I was impressed with the Blade 400. No, it doesn't fly as good as a trex. But 1/2 the cost you can't go wrong. Last winter, when it came out. I was at a LHS when they were first delivered. On the box it stated that it could be 3d'ed out of the box. The shop owner asked me to do a test flight for him. After charging the battery, I took it up into a hover. Stable I thought, then I set it down, put it in idel up. Checked to see if it had negitive. And bam, I was 3'ding it. servo's were slow. But it was only 10 degrees out. I flew it for a couple of minutes, until my fingers froze. I'm not an electric heli guy, but I liked it. As far as crashing, I kept my broken blades in a box. About 8 years ago I hit 100 sets of broken blades, I stopped counting them at that time. And most of these were 46 and 60 size blades. (50's and 90's weren't out yet). I'm a nitro person, I tried the electric thing a couple of years ago, but went back. I guess I'm old school.