R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - strickly vintage pics of your rides.associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya/exc.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:13 AM
tom_chang79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

JK, you have one of the most extensive vintage car collections! All those cars are the cars from when I first got into RC! I couldn't afford a full blown JRX-2 or a Pro so I wanted that JR-2 car, which was economically more friendly car for a 12 year old.

I ended up getting a JRX-T instead since it was on sale at Hobby Warehouse at that time (good ol pre-Horizon days of Losi IMO) which later got converted to an LXT.

(Points to avatar), I'll post this pic once I get home. That is my RC10CE graphite that went through some thick and thin. It has seen stock form, to a Pro-Line RC10 Truck Conversion kit, back to its stock form, then upgraded to a Stealth Transmission then got shelved. After the upgrade, I took it to the track and was amazed by how much RC10s have changed (this was 10 years afterwards, with the B3s running around in the track)...

I'm planning on replacing all the linkages with some modern B4/B44 AE Ti links, and taking some motor spray and remove some of these crazy servo tapes that we used to have, that never would come off no matter how much you tried!

I also got a velcro-strap for the battery that I need to re-mount... Velcro strap was and is superior some of these really shitty battery brace/screw shit we have to use these days with these "modern" cars... Soooooooooo much easier to take the battery in and out!

I've also got an RC10LSS that I restored, but I have yet to take some pics of that car. I gotta mount this Camaro body that I got for it, which was painted but never had time drill out the body mount holes for it. I recently had to cannibalize the setup for the synth receiver to put into my latest ride, the DF-03MS...

All of you guys have brought so much nostalgia! Especially with the RC10T, possibly the first "J82"-ish car ever made with the option of choosing narrow fronts (which basically made it a buggy with a truck body)...