R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - v-spec vs jpx.21 engine comparison
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Jaz240
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blktransam
whats with all the v-spec hate? I have had both engines. and honestly like both of them as well..stock v-spec with AE pipe was pulling 12 mins of runtime in my RC8, stock jammin with AE or JP4 pipe would get ruffly 9 mins. I am not a throttle maniac which helps with fuel mileage. both engines ran great and smooth. (any engine will run great if tuned correctly). I blew a rod on my picco ruffly a mth ago. and just blew my rod on my v-spec 2 weeks ago. I blame my fuel HAHA easy way outta that one... vspec had ruffly 5 gallons on it and the picco had just over 6 gallons. the reason for crankcase cracks was due to rod slop from the crank pin wearing bue to people not installing a new rod at the 1 gallon mark. o.s has revised the crankcase with more gap so no more cracking. every single engine should be tore down at the gallon mark for a new rod and bearings its just the nature of the beast. if you do this and seal the engines correctly you should have no tuning prbs. engines should run good yadda yadda yadda.. everyone has their own comments on threads like these you will get 100 diff. reviews. best of luck go with what you know and what your local hobby shop carrys

Jesus You rebuild after 1 gallon! My jammin is going on it's 9th gallon, no rebuild. I have a Hyper .21 8 port race that has 12 gallons through it, no rebuild. I never had to replace any of the connecting rods in any of my engines. granted some didn't last as long as others, but If you need to replace the rods after a gallon, your not heating up your sleeve enough during break in. That's causing lots of unneeded stress on ur rods.