R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I got punked by a toy car!
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 10:49 AM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default I got punked by a toy car!

Ran the RC Pro Southern Region round 3 this past weekend, and had a blast... but:

I was marshalling the Expert Truggy A-main, when one of the drivers got out of shape and launched his truck off the side of the jump (it happens... no big deal) and "lawn darted" it onto my foot. (Ouch!)

Results: Broken big toe. Oh well... like I said, it's racing, stuff happens.

What REALLY pisses me off though is that I'm on the ground with this guy's truck, still trying to get him back on the track... with him holding it full pin.

That's one of the first things you learn as a beginner- when you are being marshalled, STAY OFF THE THROTTLE.

And of course the driver is too much of a punk to apologize too... which is what I expected and all I'm really still looking for. (I don't know who it is, but it is a blue and white truggy, of which there were 3. I've eliminated one of them already... if I find out who it is, I've got a few words for him, or maybe for his sponsors since he's not man enough to step up...

It was also brought to the attention of the track owner and race director, as well as the RC Pro Series rep doing tech.