R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2008 INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" LAS VEGAS
Old 08-31-2008, 04:55 PM
artwork
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I had such a great time at this race...Despite my BQ placement!

Scotty and the entire crew did an outstanding job despite some unforeseen issues. If there was any issues it was not noticed by any of the racers.

Tech was smooth, racing was fun, and Scotty's (apparently) famous blue shirt made an appearance.

The saddest part for me was watching the crew saw the track every 10 feet to get ready to be discarded.

Watching Barry baker wrench his car all week gave me a new respect for all the hard work that all of the pro drivers do to be fast, and despite his bad luck we watched his car transform into an A-main caliber car in a matter of days. I did not expect to be saying nice things about Barry, but honestly he was part of the reason I had so much fun this week. Scrub buffer in the house!

Paul was so fast in both Mod Rubber and was un-reachable in Mod foam. Mod rubber main was great to watch, but mod foam put to me to sleep!

I meet some great people and had a kick-ass time. Scotty really knows how to get it done. If you have not been to this race start saving for next year. Experiencing IIC is an R/C right of passage that all should add to their personal racing goals.

Props to the CRC crew for a great showing, their entire team is so much fun at these big races and they also seem to have some of the fastest cars as well.

Until next time and next year...

Thanks again,
Art