R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AMERICAN REVIEW OF COBRA SERVOS
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 03:11 PM
Sp Racer
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4wdNANDA
Man i got to say just raced yesterday with two servos i got from Team Cobra and let me tell you these things are awsome i am running the 9kg on the throttle and the 13kg on my sterring my nanda buggy felt great they are smooth and it was effortless to make fast consistent laps i am so glade that i gave them a try my futabas are forsale only cobra stuff for me for now on!!!!!!
plus they are about 20$ cheaper than the s9351's that i have. Also i cant wait to buy the tires when they get here too saw charlie the owner run some they are hooked!!!!!!

I'm glad I am not the only one who has positive thoughts about these servos!

I've just fitted a 13kg one on the steering and a 9kg on the throttle of my TMG4...

So far , I think they are great . I opened them up for a bit of an inspection before I fitted them, all the soldering of the surface mount components on the circuit board looks top class, nice heavy duty cables, nice coating of heat transfer paste between the motor and the heat sink....

The gears themselves are brass & aluminum, the spline is exactly the same as the futaba.... ( so is the box that they come in )

The only gripes I have:

#1, The gears on the 9kg are a little noisier than the gears on the 13kg...fixed after a small amount of grease was re-smeared over the gears.

#2, There are no sealing O rings between the casing parts and the heat sink, perhaps these are not required as the plastic is a nice, tight and very precise fit onto the alloy - however there are O rings on the end of the screws that hold the servo together. ( either way, nothing that couldn't be fixed with a smear of grease ).

Speed wise, I cannot tell the difference between the two, both are fast enough for me. Cobra claim 0.13s to 60deg, I think they may actually be a tad faster.

Last edited by Sp Racer; 09-10-2008 at 02:09 PM. Reason: some of what I wanted to say didn't come across right !