R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Take-Off and RP tires gone out of production???
Old 08-31-2008, 01:45 PM
STLNLST
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Catalyst
Shawn,

Thanks for the update...looking forward to getting back to TakeOff as the Sorex hasn't proved to be as high quality and the Jaco Blues didn't work well for me at all on our local tracks. Will stay tuned for more updates on availability!
what sorex tire were you running? If it was the speedmind pre mount then you didn't get a chance to see what the tire could do. The insert mounted in that tire is CRAP and over heats the tire in the heat. If you're at Marin or Ripon when I'm there maybe I can let you get a run or two with my tire's. The RP hands down was the best thing since sliced bread. It was very disappointing when Schumacher told us that it was no longer availible. When they announced that it was coming back that was good news until we actually raced with the tire. It was one run and done. Hopefully this new tire mixture puts RP back where it needs to be. It's going to be real hard to get racers to take a chance on the new RP's again after the last batch. Hopefully Schumacher sends test samples to the tracks again for the track to give to their hot shot locals to run just like they did with the Edge tire they were going to bring in to replace the RP. With how tight money has been lately racers aren't going to be too happy if they buy a bunch of tire's that don't live up to the great RP name. The RP 30 is well missed around here