R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 04:38 AM
ravenwolf
Tech Rookie

Default thank you

Originally Posted by scoyle
The car setup out of the box is pretty good - go with it as a starting point and come back here and ask questions as to what changes to make if it is not behaving the way you would like it. Everybody drives differently so setup changes that suit some may not suit others. Make sure you read back through this forum as there is some really good info from the likes of Randy Caster and co.

As for spares - the car is pretty strong. Get the usual of a set of front/rear arms. I have managed to break a rear belt using a geared diff so one of those would be good. Some people have had problems with driveshafts and have used Tamiya's 46mm ones as replacements (see a few posts up). Personally I have never had any problems but I only race 10.5

Good luck and let us know how you get on...
thanks for the reply! anyway,, started building it today and i'm at the center assembly section. But FYI, I have the ball diff version......my LHS already did a back order for the gear diff. I'll surely get the gear diff!!..,I already got these spares.. Front arms,rear aramide belt,front belt,steering knuckles,tamiya 46mm shafts,,,pit towel, orange stand,,heheh!!

My questions are does Serpent make a spare diff pulleys, whats the part#?.as well as for spool?
If not what's the best option for spare?, coz I would like to use a 36T pulley but ive tried tamiya's and sadly it aint gonna fit. Pls help ,,,thanks!