R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 11:10 AM
IndyRC_Racer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have been running HPI bodies whenever I have been able to on my 4wd touring cars. I've always enjoyed the detail of their bodies and decal sheets. If HPI does produce another vintage shell I hope they can make it more like the Camaro in terms of durability and a one piece mold. I have already emailed HPI and asked if they could produce a Javelin. If they produce one I will buy it.

As far as HPI making a RTR "USVTA" kit, I simply think we should offer constructive advice to HPI on what we want to see but more importantly what we will actually buy. I've personally been on the fence about buying a new touring car to race in VTA. I like my TC3, but wouldn't mind having an HPI car decked out in purple. I really didn't want to drop $500 on a new kit. If HPI released a version of the Sprint 2 that either had a legal power combo or a VTA spec version or even a kit with VTA wheels/body no power, I would buy one tomorrow.

I may still consider buying the Sprint 2 Flux. What do you think it would take to slow down this kit to a competitive speed to compete in VTA?