R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jumping Strategy?? Place your Input Please
Old 08-29-2008, 04:28 PM
boostfiend
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duratraxrc
Alright, I am wanting to know everyone's strategy to hit and land a jump. I have my own track in my back yard with jumps that are about a foot high. Every time I land them, more often then not I should say, I nose dive. I know a little bit of stuff about jumping, like push the gas to raise the nose and brakes to nose dive, that works more with bigger jumps I believe.

I have lowered my rear shocks and raised my front to try and get that to work and it didn't. I just don't like nose diving and tumbling head over hills every time lol.

Thanks Guys/Gals
This is tough to call since some jumps are made to cause your car to go ass high. But, usually a rear-high car could benefit from a bit more damnpening in the rear to slow the rebound.

Sometimes on small jumps that cause your car to nose dive, you can try hitting it while on the gas and stay on the gas or blip.

It takes time. Reading how to do it and doing it are two different things. Just keep on trying, you'll be a buggy jumping master in no time.

Not sure what you mean by lowering or raising your shocks. If you mean pre-load (ride height adjustment), that won't change how the spring reacts, perse'. If you're nose diving due to the back of the chassis slapping, you can try a slightly stiffer spring in the rear.

As always, try one thing at a time until you 'feel' the buggy changing it's attitude.