R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 09:20 AM
STLNLST
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadow102
How would I go about getting a similar setting using the hpi droop gauge and running a 5mm ride height
If going off a droop gauge I would go with 6mm front and 5mm rear. It all depends on the tire you are running as well. Sorex tire's are taller than RP and Jaco's. One thing to check once you set the droop using the blocks and then put your tire's back on....check to see what the droop is over ride height.

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
ive got 1 question , i run modified on a very smooth track , low grip and medium fast . for the moment i have a 2.5 toe block in front and i was thinking about changing to a 1 or 1.5 toe block to have more corner speed .
would this be a good idea
thank you
Going from the 2.5 block to anything less will give the car better turn in and the car will carve the turns better. I would only do this if the car is pushing on corner entry and middle. If the track is low bite make sure that your rear end is locked in when making the changes in the front. I have played with 1.0 to 2.5 in the front and lately I have settle for 1.0 up front. Try the 1.5 first and see what you think. That way you have two choices you could make if you want to increase or decrease sweep in the front. Good luck and it's always fun testing.