R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - xxx4/ xx-4 guys... custom made alum. casterblocks and 7.5deg front hinigepin carrier
Old 08-28-2008, 04:36 PM
chedda bob
Tech Elite

Location: Where the ego's are so big, people's heads can't fit in the door
Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)
Default xxx4/ xx-4 guys... custom made alum. casterblocks and 7.5deg front hinigepin carrier

yes, they are done.... at least for now. i have made mention of the front holders as well as the caster blocks in the xxx-4 thread and figured i would just start a new one here so everyone knows, rather then the few that actually go through the entire thread.

front hingepin holder: these are an exact replica of the plastic 7.5 deg carrier and fit perfectly. they are made out of 6061 aluminum and have a nice sandblasted finish i have roughly 8 of them for sale at this moment in time and have zero problems making more as they are relatively easy to make. i'm probably going to ask $20 shipped each piece due to mostly the materials.

casterblocks: now these are notorious for breaking on the xxx-4, as well as on the xx-4 (yes they are the same if you didnt know)... i am only making roughly 5 sets of these as they are VERY time consuming and labor intensive. if more people want them after the 5 sets they will be made TO ORDER.... simple as that. i am asking $50 shipped a pair.... yes 50. if you dont like the price by all means, go ahead and make you own(again, not being rude just like stated, very labor intensive..)

here are the pics i have, any questions please feel free to ask away.... need something small made in alum, again please feel free to ask away
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	xxx4 blocks.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	366146   Click image for larger version

Name:	xxx4 blocks2.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	366147   Click image for larger version

Name:	casterblocks2.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	25.2 KB