R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 06:04 PM
RCSteve93
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIITA
THANKS GUBBS! ANY SETUP HELP IS A MAJOR PLUS SINCE THERE IS ONLY 3 OF US RUNNING THIS CAR HERE IN NORTHERN MINNESOTA. I AM REAL IMPRESSED ON HOW IT IS GOING TOGETHER. JUST A LITTLE SANDING ON THE FRONT END TO GET THINGS LOOSE BUT EVERYTHING ELSE SEEMS TO FIT PERFECTLY.
Hey man, I don't know about you guys, but I learned the art of building a front end from some of the best, Donny Lia and Mike Haynes(A-Mainers at Vegas right now), and they always told me the front end isn't supposed to be loose. The knuckles are supposed to be tight on the kingpin and they don't need to drop down. The only cutting, milling, ETC you should do is on the upper ball stud, and that should be to cut it a little so your 3 shims will fit in. I ran my car, with my front end with the knuckles reamed so they drop, and then again with the front end built right, and I was .2 faster per lap wit the front end built right. The car felt much more precise and alot less lazy and it reacted better. It also didn't have that odd tendency to want to keep turning out of a corner like it used to.