R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2008 AARCMCC Nationals
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 03:07 AM
kingpops
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Damit
As far as wingers goes, do you think it is being properly organised?
You mention pot holes, bumps and dodge jumps, it would be good to know these things before I decide to enter the event , book accommodation, flights ect....
How about someone telling all interstate guys & girls more details.
Regardless of how many 1/12th scales entered last years event, 1/12th should be in this event, remember its the Nationals not a state event.
As has been said before, as info is available it will be released to the maddening crowd. As the guy who is in conversation with the powers that be(i.e ACT Govt.) we are very close to being able to confirm arrangements, but will NOT go down the path of making an announcement before it can be confirmed. Either way it will be held in the ACT, regardless of what track is availiable, so if you are coming start making travel plans.....The option of the Kambah track was only brought up in the last few days and we have tried to get it sorted as fast as possible.

As far as 12th goes, the Kambah track will take them, but there are some small sections that may cause the little cars to become a bit loose(TC's do not seem to have the problems), and if possible I have been investigating possible solutions for the surface, but once again, the area is owned and maintained by the local government and they will need to be consulted before any work is done. The kambah track is generally in good order and will be sprayed with traction addiditve to further help. If kambah is not availiable then the area at EPIC which has been booked probably will not support 12th, I know one guy tried his car out during the challenge cup-not sure of the results though....the surface looks to me to be too rough/inconsistent to support pan cars, but I do not have much exposure to this class of racing so could be wrong.

The club that has traditionally held the sanction on road events in the ACT has recently been wound up, and the other two local clubs have been working pretty hard to make sure the event will be a sucess, but time to organise has been short and we are going as fast as we can to make it happen, just give us a week or so and all should be revealed

Originally Posted by lignum vitae
surely a AARCMCC class should be run at a AARCMCC event, before any demo class.
No use running a class if it is going to be a farce like when it was at QLD(i.e no traction on the track, no goop allowed and only a few runners) or last year with only 5 competiors-winning a national title with less than a full A main entry list seems to be a pretty pointless exercise IMO, and aarcmcc seem to agree stating that a minimum of eight entires per class must be recieved for the event to be sanctioned-general rules section 2.8.4. There will most likely be enough support from local drivers to run 12th anyway, as quite a few of us have just gotten cars, but if it will be worth the investment of time and money, that is a call only you people, the racers, can make for yourselves. As far as demo classes being given preference, not too sure about that, but there is not doubt that they will be heavily supported if included in the schedule. Both 540 and mini have been the most popular class at the challenge cup this year, accounting for about half of all entries for the four rounds held.

As I have said-show some paitence and everything will be ok

I agree with you Steve, kambah + nationals = AWSOME, but only if people give us a chance