R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)
Old 08-26-2008, 02:02 PM
revolution31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So I just did some of this math that was supposedly done...

If what Mark W. is saying is correct, the club basically needs 10 non-monthly-paying entries per week.

Based solely on last winters entries... Over the course of 7 races there were 263 race entry fees. That comes down to an average of: 37.5 Entries per week.

From that, if you remove the entries from the 12 people who will be paying the monthly fee (listed in an earlier post), and take into a count that a majority of the remaining entries were from people that attended only 1 or 2 races.... there were only around 100 additional entries over those 7 races.

That means, the club was only getting on average 10-16 entries per week in addition to those who are going to be paying the $150.
If you increase the number of people paying monthly to 15, the 10-16 average drops down to about 8-12 entries per race in addition to the monthly-paying members.

Take into account the fact that a significant amount of people dont/wont/cant race bi-tri-weekly, and the fact that a lot of people are no longer racing...you are looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-10 non-monthly-paying entries per week.

Also take into account that those 8-10 additional entries will be slpit between 6-8 people, and you are looking at around:

6ppl * $15 +2ppl * $10 = $110/week * 4 = $440/month minimum
8ppl * $15 = $120/week * 4 =................ $480/month median
8ppl * $15 + 2ppl *$10 = $140/week * 4 = $560/month maximum

Also figure that you will have slow months that need to be accounted for (like Christmas/New Years, and mid-February based on last winter's entry counts)....which means the club actually needs to be making more than $2500 over the next 3 months to make up for those slow months

Basically, IMO&R unless something changes with entry counts in the next month, I think the club will be cutting it really close to make rent, let alone buy any new piping for the track layout....but that's just my informed opinion

I will also say right now that doing math like "we need X amount of money, so that's X/(highest entry fee) entries per week" just isnt going to cut it, because you have to take into account that a lot of people sign up for that second class which is what kills (and I can show you the Friday Night Lights income data to prove it if some of you don't think those $5 differences make that big of a difference in income)...

Besides my opinion, for what it's worth...the entry numbers above are correct, so you can form your own math and opinions around that...but based on the way entry numbers have gone in the past 3-4 months, and based on who is paying the $150/month is how I did my math...

Just my two cents...