R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need an engine that doesn't have to be blipped or driven like an On/Off switch
Old 08-26-2008, 11:58 AM
UNSTABLE
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cannondale1974
I have a habit of driving at partial throttle through the tight stuff and evidently most engines like to be cleared out periodically. The majority of guys seem to blip the throttle all the time and I'm having a hard time staying smooth that way. Is there any particular engine that's good at being driven at partial throttle and still make linear power? (for the record, when I hit the straight I'm WFO)

Currently I'm running a P5X and V2. The P5 definitely likes to be opened up frequently, the V2 is brand new and I haven't had enough time to determine how it's going to behave. I'm liking the usual suspects, Vspec and GRP. Your thoughts?

Thank you.
I would suggest the GRP, it is the closest to a linear powerband I've found so far. The O.S. V-spec(standard) hits fairly hard right off the bottom, so it makes driving at partial throttle openings a little more difficult. I drive very smoothly and like to roll on the power through a corner and the GRP really suits this. There are no sudden 'bangs' in the power delivery.