R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TQ Racing SX8
Thread: TQ Racing SX8
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Neil Paccione
Tech Rookie

Default my first experience with the sx8

Well I am new to this forum and just wanted to post up my findings on this buggy. I have had the buggy for about 3 weeks but because of rain and life I finally got to race this weekend. Starting out I was a little leary because the buggy was unknown, but the build was great, top notch fit and finish and alot of attention to detail. After the build and few weeks I got to run at the track and found I was fighting the car, this is a super high bite abrassive track. So I started working on set up. I found this car is its own wonderful animal, you have to do your own thing with this car because it is very aggressive, not like alot of the other cars I owned. So due to struggling I ended up qual. 7th in the B, but I made some more changes that morning before the mains and I found a much better set-up which allowed me to bump in to the show. Then in the A after about 35 minutes I had worked up to 5th and was going good untill a guy that should know better is mad at his car and jumps over a pipe to go to the pits and backwards into my lane and hits me. It sheared the turnbuckle bolt to the knuckle and it was done. So my conclusion I REALLY LIKE THIS CAR!! This thing is near bullet proof, the plastic didn't break or the knuckle or turnbuckle but the steel screw, I can live with that. But do your own set-up not what others buggies are doing and once you find it this think is fast. Sorry for the long post and I am sure I will have more to share later