R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - cen matrix
Thread: cen matrix
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Tree
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by meno222
hello,is anyone racing their matrix buggies in saugus ca.(hotrods) or the smaller track in camarillo.i would like to khow yur setups on the buggy.iam new to 1/8 buggies and i just bought a used matrix fre buggy and put a go 5 port.and the buggy was all over the place compare to the other buggies that day.i rather copy someones set up and learn from it.than just move things all around and not khow what i did.so if any of yu guys run on those tracks. help me out please. thanks
I run on a small technical track. I initially had the same problem you are having. My buggy was all over the place too. In 2006 I spoke to a then Cen driver and he recommended changing the diffs. It made a world of difference. I started using the Kyosho diffs before Gene came out with the cross-pin conversion. If you don't have Gene Hickerson's cross-pin conversion for the diffs...get them.

My current set-up is Kyosho diffs with 5000 front / 5000 center / 2000 rear. 40wt shock oil in the front with #3 pistons mounted in the top middle hole and 35wt shock oil for the rear with #2 pistons mounted in the top outer hole. All shock ends mounted in theinner most hole on the arms. I run about -2 degrees of camber all around and I run any where from 0 to 2 degrees of toe out on the front depending on the track and a 2/2 rear suspension plate.

This set-up has been working for me but you may want to check out the Cen Racing website for set-ups.

http://www.cenracing.com/race/setup.html