R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help with the mbx5t shocks
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 05:00 PM
jpalessi
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobdog
Well I finally got to run several tanks on my new mbx5t with my nova 821b and it ran great!! I did run into a problem that needs some attention. I had both of my rear shocks (each side) break the plastic piece that attaches to the shock rod. They did not break from wreaking, just running the track with very little flat landing. I have the shocks set up in the middle holes on the shock tower and the a arms. Any advice would be great as far as if this is a common problem, are there any hop up parts like alluminum shock ends people are using. Any help would be appriciated. When I compress the rear end it bottoms out before the shocks, so it must be landing a bit off camber that is causing it, but it has to be set up. Also, does anyone run a bumper on the shock shaft to help with compressing the shock to far?
Your suspension is yanking down on your shock shafts.
Set your shock length using the droop screws.. 130mm in the rear and 106mm in the front.

Also use the clips yo set your "ride height".. Start at about bones level in the rear & and a little above bones level in the front..