R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Carpet racing with rubber tyres
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Joel Lagace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Our club has been located in malls,banquet halls and other public buildings over the years... So i feel your pain..

We used to run paragon pre-touring car days... after we moved locations we could no longer allow the stuff.

We ran one year with no sauce the results: Tire wars.. This was way back when the losi street weapon was new so tire tech sucked. We ended up running PARMA tires. They had a strange rubber compound way different in look and feel to other tires but gave us ok grip.

Later we moved to TRINITY ZIP FREE: It added some stick but not alot. but i got the nick name GRIP FREE. some also used simple green

Some health conserns came up with some of our racers and when we relocated and had a chance to use paragon again the club agreed not to go there anymore. We stuck with zip free... In 2001 race at the indoor champs in cleveland and i met up with the Corally guys. Got to talking about our club and they sent us a case of JACK THE GRIPPER... Well finally we had a solution, pretty much no odour, healtyier? Well we dont know, but we did not smell of it when we got home. And grip was pretty good on both foam and rubber... Its 2008 and we still only allow that juice at our track.. And now there is a new bingo dabber type bottle out for easier application...

Anyway my long winded post. Give jack the gripper a try.