R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Caster Score truck coming soon!
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 08:36 PM
hakmazter
Tech Elite

Yeah, size those down some! That is funny as those are the original prototype pics that we sent overseas and said "build this"

Sorry Traxxas for borrowing your body for the pics.....Just had to show scale...

Right now we are deciding if we should add a cage or not. I think the plastic one by AE is awesome, but we are thinking maybe an aluminum one that is unfortunately a little less realistic, but more durable. The slash doesn't have a cage, but it isn't nearly as fast.... but truggies don't have cages.....see the dilemma? Weight vs cost vs durability. The plus side is that no matter what, ae and caster will be much more durable just because of the platform. I need to see a slayer in real life as I know they are different in setup than the slash...

Either way, the hope is a new racing class is formed with all the speed and handling of the 1/8 scales, yet the realism of the trucks. I noticed that the slayer and the sc8 are using the same concept for wheels/tires. Hopefully there can be a spec wheel/tire category. I am not sure if we will go to the trouble of making them since we can just call Panther or proline. I bet they would probably be interested in making a combo for everyone...