R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Factory Drivers and NiMh
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Grizzbob, I'm just curious, as you don't mention it in your test paramatures, did you lead up for the Lipo tests? If so what was the spec weight that you ran at? Thnx

Thugs, every type of spec racing I've ever been involved with always involved more time and money. Setup and peak efficiency of the equipment was the only difference between a win and a also ran position.
Yes, I did make sure the car was at a legal weight with the LiPo, though that is stil the one variable that changed a bit between LiPo & NiMh. Since I typically run the LiPo exclusively, my car was already rebalanced weight-wise(& with the SMC 5000 it weighs 1532 grams), but since I didn't believe it'd adversely affect the amp loads, I left the weights in with the NiMh(& with it I think the car weighed about 1660 grams, I know that's about 4 oz. but again I don't think that's enough to seriously affect the amp draw, but it did affect the G's it was attaining in the corners a little bit, car actually felt a bit more locked down with NiMh, in part because the track's pretty dirty right now). Plus, I don't have any extra weights to shuffle around right now, so at the time it just wasn't practical to peel a bunch of them off just to switch battery packs. But once I can get another package of them, I may be able to play with that a bit more, too....