R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCLAB 7even Cars.
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2003, 07:08 AM
seaball
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yeah chrisman,

we do need some pics. man, i painted up the raddest 1970's protoform vectra body some weeks ago. white with some nice mustard, burnt sienna, and brown stripes. my best work to date. though scarcely anyone would agree! i've lost my cannon a40 durring moving for, what seems like, good. which is, of course, not good. so that is accountable for my hiatus from posting them.

my car is in incredible shape. i finished a rebuild about a month ago. the drivetrain is so free! the car could weigh 48 1/4 oz rtr if i chose my tires, and body correctly. not that it's legal at that point. we go down to 50 oz here though, and now i have headroom! and it's deathly silent, which i love. i switched to 64 pitch gears as well.

now, i'm playing with a new sway bar system that will lower the cg, require less parts for mounting, and weigh less as a result. i keep saying that the car is almost there, and then i find something else to play with. i've not messed with sway bars in the past, instead focusing on understanding the effects of all the unavoidable variables. adding sways just complicates things.

well, i am excited about the beta kit, but for now, i'll keep playing with the 6.0. it's still my favorite of all the previous releases. i think i'd like to see the beta kit, with evo I motor mount, evo II bulks cut w/o pin mounts, and evo II top decks. i like the low decks of the 6.0 series, the light evo I motor mount (and lower cg), and the new susp mounts of the beta. but who's asking me?

later kids.