R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Vp tires?
Thread: Vp tires?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 01:20 AM
RETRO RC
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tabushi
That medium compound its tha bomb, M3 style with twice the life / low tire wear ...

I love 803's and 802's ... the 801's never tested so far even when i have couple sets ...

cya,
I find the 802 cutoff's are the best allround tyre so far really good forward bite with not to much side bite

the 803 strikers have a little less forward bite but more side bite than the 802's

the 801 mad runners seem to have about the same forward bite as the 803's and the side bite of the 802's

the 804 I have had the chance to try yet ( its been raining for almost 6 weeks now) but they look and feel really good can wait to give them a go

Ive been running VP tyres for about 8 months now and they are really starting to take off here in New Zealand where proline used to be the main brand used. most of the top guys in the country are using them and have dropped their lap times by about 2 seconds a lap on average.

the blue inserts were not great but the newer compounds and the yellow inserts are really good. the only thing you need to keep an eye on is the glueing on the preglued as they can start to peel ( just like the proline do, if only they could glue them like GRP do) or you can do what I do and glue them yourself

I think you'll love if you try em

Adrian