R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 11:02 AM
414MPH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE

3rd...for the guys that started this class..it doesnt matter if you change the rules or not...Im not asking you to...I asked if there was room to do so...a simple NO...would have worked fine....Im looking out for my two tracks..our racers and race director....NONE of them care about running USVTA, but I do like giving the TPTB..props...yall did a great job with this class of r/c racing.. but if you think that there isnt any room for improvement?...you are wrong

pss...do some push-ups
There have been several evolutions of the Specifications over the last year. Well, actually less than 10 montha ago. The first full regional specifications appeared on the web on October 30th, 2007 @ 10:17 pm. http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...ing-class.html

The USVTA used these specifications and evolved them for National use on Jan 3rd, 2008. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...am-racing.html

Doug knows the best way to kill a growing class is change the rules too frequently. It can be very discouraging to get your car all set-up to specs, and have them change next week making your race program obsolete.

All the changes to the specs have been well thought out and carefully metered by the USVTA. (good job Doug)

There is room for improvement. The change to allow Lipo was planned well in advance, but held back for the correct timing for the growth of USVTA. The formula has to be within the spirit of the class, without major artificial limits in order to help grow the class.

I don't post here much, but I do lurk.

IMO, questions are allways welcome. But when i see the same guy posting his "question" multiple times with additional persuasive comments attempting to steer the specifications in their way, quite frankly, it gets old and looks like whining to me.

It's simple, The USVTA specifications work because they were developed by racers, with racers and track owners involved evry step of the way. (good job again Doug)

Keep the sincere questions coming. That is how the class will grow. But please, if you don't like the answer, take it like a man and live with it.

The USVTA is a National organization. Local tracks need to do what they need to do keep the hobby alive in their back yard.

Now, let's all have fun together!