R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17
Old 08-15-2008, 11:03 PM
COBRARACING
Tech Elite

To me to be honest i dont think even Ifmar or efra really know what the rules mean and they write them .

Homolagation like they say (is not even an english word it is french and means certified ,qualified) again for new pipes just to save 1db of noise but they gained $500 per pipe manufacturer, to me this is a money grabbing exercise and nothing to do with noise.

Then they went from 77mm of width of a wing then they went to 77mm for chord and then they changed again to 85mm chord and now back to 77mm chord .But they changed the rules because manufacturers had already made the mold for the bigger diameter to me thats crap rules are rules and should never been changed for anyone nor manufacturer or individual.

I believe that they need somone to re write the rules someone who knows perfect english (no disrespect to anyone but we live in an english speaking world) who also knows how to explain the rules better in the statement of the rule book so everyone understands and no one is confused about any rule and not chop and change to suit one manufacturer like they always do .

Ifmar alone should be running the show and not to the mercy of the manufacturers like the same way formula one is run by the formula 1 governing body and not by ferrari.

Last edited by COBRARACING; 08-15-2008 at 11:33 PM.