R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17
Old 08-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Brian Bosley
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
The ENTIRE pipe must be homologated before it can be used. When you change the pipe, you have to re-submit it, which obviously hasn't happened.

Fact is, that the pipe used is not the same as that which was approved, e.g. it is not legal.

Easy, ain't it?
I agree with you that the pipe and the runs should be illegal because the pipe was changed because I'm a 'by the book' type of guy.

It is somewhat amazing that Sirio has so many engines in the top but honestly if you look at the names behind those engines they would still be there even if the pipe was giving them some extremely tiny advantage. Maybe I am missing how large of an advantage this change is, but obviously they made it for a reason so it might be huge since runtime is such a large factor for some of the racers.

If any of you watch nascar or many forms of real car racing, if you're not cheatin, your not winnin is the motto.. I believe nascar has a crew chief suspended or fined every other race or so but most of the time the drivers keep the points.