R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How do you adjust engine timing on nitro engines?
Old 08-14-2008, 12:29 PM
mc_chofo
Tech Adept

Hi i appreciate your comments really, but i do want to modd this engine, not extreme gain power, i just want to gain those .04hp that the tunned version has. i did not bought the tunned version 'cause i didn't found it. so this is exactly what i'm planning to do, suggestions or comments are wellcome.

the piston sleeve that i show it's not from the 3sct it's from a mega mf12, but i show it just to show my plans, my plans are, opening the inlet port a little, or maybe the exhaust port, like 1mm each side horizontal or .5mm horizontal(not vertial) in order to gain some power and maybe some rpms. i'm planning to do that only on the crome part, not touching the crome, but if you look it from outside you will see a wider port.
the fangs that i plan to do, are short and wide like the ones that i show here. i'm planning to smoth the lower lip of exhaust and inlet ports a little.
and finally i'm planning to smooth and polish the fang of the crank like the tunned version is. i will not touch the inlet port of the crank unless you suggest it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	necesaria.jpg
Views:	6664
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	361797   Click image for larger version

Name:	crank pulida.jpg
Views:	3614
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	361799