R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AMB Transponder Cloning
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 04:14 AM
Terry_S
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Regarding decoders, through the grapevine I've heard there are 'issues' with the new AMBrc3 decoders, people are avoiding buying them and not upgrading they prefer to buy the original AMBrc decoders. How about we do a quick survey.. would clubs sell their existing (heavily invested) AMB system to switch to a new more advanced and accurate timing system costing a fraction of current AMB prices?.. how many would switch? It's got nothing to do with ethics, it's market forces, supply and demand it's basic economics that decides what products get developed.

Originally Posted by padailey
The question I have is when does the discount for letting you keep our PT come into play? On the first cloned PTX or the second purchased? And what is the discount? ... 25% or 50%... guess I've seen both mentioned before somewhere.
The 25% discount is on the second one when you buy two (no trade in). Often a spare is ordered at the same time, two works out at $126US. We get quite a few AMB transponders with a break in the lead close to the transponder and also often the case is old and damaged too, for these a trade in is a good deal. The trade in price is 50% off the second one when you buy two, 25% off when you buy one. Any additonal transponders ordered are at the normal price (with or without a trade in) shipping is only free on single orders. The above is for cloned transponders, we do have Custom ID PTX transponders available if you don't have a PT already or don't want a cloned version. Details are at www.rclaps.com