R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2001, 10:11 PM
mike_Webb
Tech Elite

I made the sway bar myself. I bought the XX sway bar kit so I could get those little plastic pieces to hold the wire and that end ball that attaches to the wire. Then I bought .078 Rod and bent it to fight the car. I also bought a 4-40 threaded rod and ball cups to hold it to the arms. I also bought .60 Wire so I am going to make one out of that size.

I had made a fiberglass front bumper brace but during a race I rear ended someone in a first corner pileup and the thign shatered. Brown Brother Hobbies has the MF Front Bumber Brace. I also bought the Red Bumper from The Track in Maryland. It is well worth the investment. But this weekend I think I found a little bit better bumper off a HPI Nitro RS4. It is hard and stiff and you just have to trim it down. What I like about the MF Bumper and Brace is that there is a second piece that fights around the brace.

I finally got all the parts I ordered from Stormer Hobbies. Front and Rear Bumpers so that I can have a bumper set for regular Roll Center and Low Roll Center and the Body Mounting Post, All the Springs, TC3 alum Hubs, and a new Body. One thing about the springs. I ordered a set of Pink Springs and even though it says 1.15" the springs are only 1". Is this suppose to be this way or is it a screw up?

Next I am going to make a rear sway bar and Modify my chassis for the Low Roll Center.

Mike Webb