R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Saturday Evening Racing @ SV Speedway
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 03:25 PM
danketchpel
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by garen
I think I speak on behalf of the GLARCRC membership when I say, come down to our events, we welcome all and certainly are not hostile or closed to newcomers. If you need help with something, you will usually find it, and just about everyone, from the race director/track operator on down, are nice people.
Thanx for the cordial invite, I will take you up on it soon.

Sad to see another track close. Most of the racers these days don't remember when we had no tracks to race at, and all we had was the temporary parking lot tracks setup
In your honest opinion, what do you feel enabled the tracks to be built and then what affected their demise?

Speaking strictly to the GT drivers, GLARCRC does run this class and I think if we ever return to the Carson Mall, it will be the main attraction for the spectators.
Why do you see the GT class is the main attraction for the spectators? I'm just trying to understand. I was pretty "wowed" by watching the 1/8 scale "pro" cars (don't know a better term) run at the track. Maybe it's not practical to run them on parking lots? I don't know.