R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 12:41 AM
MikaR
Tech Master

Rainy days here but some running & tuning, though.

On Saturday we tried the car on the wet track and it was fun! It had rained in the morning so the track was drying thruout the day, not completely wet. Car responded well to tuning so it handled well on a wet track, too. I've been following recently my laptimes using a Team Orion lap counter and using it I was able to measure the improvements made to the car. Can recommend the lap counter to everyone to make training more interesting even with the stock engine.

Next race is the coming weekend. We'll have few OFNA DM-1's to compete against. We have a long straight and DM-1's are strong there due to longer gearing. To be competitive I've done few changes:

I changed the clutchbell to the one that ships with Kyosho FW05 car. Haven't got the Kyosho gears yet for it (16/20 and 17/21) but had 17/20 HPI gears that fitted to the bell so I was able to test it with this gearing on a parking lot. Since the 1st gear is rather tall (17) I removed a lot of material from the clutch shoes before testing. I figured that lighter shoes will engage later and prevent bogging on the 1st gear off the line. First tests gave me a good feeling! The car is fast and everything seems to wrok well. Waiting the get the 21 2nd gear to have even a bit higher to speed. But the car is sure fast right now!