R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI DB10R!!!
Thread: BMI DB10R!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 12:37 PM
JCarr
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ffactory666, sorry I did leave the brand of tire out. I'm using Jaco tires which I believe are what Jason is going to carry.

Race report:

First race for the pan car class at The Hobby Shop last night. There were only four cars, but it looks like the class will grow. There was my BMI, a Tamiya F103gt, Speedmerchant Speed spec, and an Associated rc10L2ss I think it was. My car ran great right from the start but about halfway through the first qualifier on left hand turns it wanted to try and swap ends on me. After the run I looked the car over and thought it might have been body rub. I trimmed the body and went out for the second round. The F103gt set the early TQ but never did come back out the rest of the night. I started the secound round and was running well but the left had hook came back again. I finished second to the Speed spec. Third round, now it is dark, lights turned on on the track(outdoor asphalt). I had made no changes to the car not being able to find what was cuasing the hooking problem, but did find if I stayed on power it would run much smoother. Car was incredibly fast, seemed to be way faster than before. It must have been the perception from the lights as everyone else said it seemed that their cars were faster also. My loaner transponder was not working correctly this round, but the race director said going by how the second place car finished I had set TQ. Again I made no changes to the car as I was getting more comfortable with managing my speed to keep it from hooking. The order was BMI, Speedmerchant, Associated, Tamiya(DNS). I jumped out from the start and never looked back. The car is just so smooth it just begs you to run faster. The most work I had with the car all night was when I was trying to put a lap on second place. The Speedmerchant was running great but he was a little undergeared and I blew by him on the straight. I finished first one lap up on second. It was a great night of racing and I have pics that I will download later. Thanks Jason for a great car and I hope to continue to do the BMI team proud.