R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Alex Design Barracuda R2
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Pandora's Box
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Baracuda update

Zainudin Racing,
There is a good chance I'll be racing the R2 this coming weekend at Subang track. It depends if I have the time. Fas N Furious might be there too.

I have been testin the R2 for a couple of weeks now. Working on the setup/handling that best suit my driving style. Aggresive steering is what I'm looking for.

It's a pleasure to see a company step out of the box in design. It is different. Have a look and you'll know what I mean. The quality of the kit stands out. The machined aluminium parts are top notch. Center shaft is made of carbon........very light!!!

Box stock the car is very stable and that would mean that it has a little push especially at the Yok track. It's probably the roll center......the mounting of the lower arms are as close to the center of the chassis as it could possibly be designed using pivot ball instead of hinge pins. This reduces roll and therefore increases the stability. Another reason could be the rear width is narrower than the front. Could work on wheel spacers.

The arms are extemely well built. It is very strong....I've seen this car hit concrete barrier at an angle and nothing broke!!! The arms were still solid with no play.

I've tried the mid span arms and it did provide more steering especially on power.

There are a couple of slack things though. It is recomended to run 48dp gears but it's not a problen coz I'm new to EP racing and I can start my collection of 48dp pinions. For those who already have 64dp there is an aftermarket option to run 64. It is also a good idea to run aluminium shaft holders but it is not a must.
Access to the spur takes a little time but not really bad.

So far it's been good.

Cheers