R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NiMH veteran, needs a crash course in LiPo
Old 08-08-2008, 05:43 PM
OTE_TheMissile
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeromeK99
If you are running a 3 cell LiPo, you should have one FAST stock truck! It's like running a 10 cell NiMh!

Usually to be fair in stock only 2 cell LiPo packs are allowed.. Check with your track to make sure they allow it without cheating!
Well it's a 2S1P, and they seem to be the hot setup in the oval field around S&N's Trackside and are run alongside the 6-cell NiMHs.

I built a new motor for my late model just before going racing last night, and at first I thought maybe something was wrong with it. The guy pitting behind me loaned me a charged NiMH for a couple laps, idea being if I used his pack and the car ripped, well then my battery was the problem. Sho' nuff, as soon as I set down for the second run the power was back. When I put the LiPo in and set down for the first time, the only real difference I could feel was the weight shift in the car now that it had a light little LiPo in it, the power felt about the same.

But yeah, thanks for all the tips & links guys, keep 'em coming! The more info the better