R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Diff Oil
Thread: Diff Oil
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 06:25 PM
2005 crf 450
Tech Initiate

I know, I probably dont ride my car as much/hard as 90% of you so mine probably doesnt get beat on as bad.

yeah I only change mine twice a year, is that really that big of a deal when I only run not even 4 gallons through it a year? thats like a gallon a month. So unless the oil starts to degrade while sitting on the shelf, I guess im doing something wrong.

You guys say you change yours every 6 or so races, a race probably takes near half a gallon at least doesnt it? I wouldnt know... I have never raced before.

I dont even know what oil is in the front and back, I assume stock. I bought the buggy 2nd hand, it was pretty new when I got it though.

and in all honesty, I have only changed the center diff oil, and that was hell of a job (cuz it was my first time), I couldnt imagine doing the center and back, that would take so long, and I would be stripping bolts or finding worn out pieces in the process ie: spending money!! My car drives perfectly fine, I might change the front and back if I ever have some spare time, its not too high on my priorities list though.