R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Balancing harness=Orion lipo BAtt./Core RC charger
Old 08-06-2008, 11:42 PM
stitchy
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

After doing a lot of research, I've come to the conclusions that given the Core UDC-20 charger and balancing harness it comes with:

The Core charger and the harness connector that plugs INTO the charger are JST-XH.

The Core 5000 lipo battery balancing connector and the harness connector that plugs INTO the battery are JST-EH

I was thinking, if all the plugs are JST-EH, then why can't you plug the battery into the charger directly without the harness the UDC-20 comes with? (You can kinda jam it in there, but it's not a perfect, direct fit)

So, for anyone wanting to make the above Nexusracing harness without hacking up the harness that comes with the Core UDC-20 charger, you need the receptacle (female) end of a JST-XH connector.

On a separate note, the Reedy 5000 lipo has a JST-XH connector so it'll just fit into the side of the charger without any harnesses at all (which is what I think Core should've done in the first place with their own batteries).