R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sportsmanship or stupid?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Merciless
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BlackBart
Ok i Got one for you guys, when does the slower guy start racing people to learn how to race someone side-by-side and be clean! I have in the past race the leader for alittle bit for this reason, but he was by his self. i talked to him afterwards and he seemed ok. But if the leaders was racing fp then i would try my best to get out of the way.

Now heres another one! (on anygiven race day)LOL why should a person give up and not race the other racers even when they are lapped , because that person can still win, you never know when the leaders will go out with problem and cant finish or came back out and they are behind you, now you (the slow guy is racing to win).
I often "race" with the people I'm lapping at club level, It's always fun. If i'm leading by a margin I just shout to them just to letting them know I'm happy to race them FP. Or when they ask where I want to pass I just let them know then "happy to race FP".

For your second one that's easy. Race the people around you to learn (If you running in 9th well your racing those in 8th and 10th) not the Leader. It's NOT giving up, It's being adult enough to understand there race is one that your not part of at this moment in time.

Surely everyones worked out they do SLOWER lap times when "racing FP" than when they can take there own line around the track ?

Rod