R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rebuilding Losi Shocks?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 11:51 PM
JeromeK99
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I mostly race outdoor off-road at Pegasus Hobbies in Montclair, CA. Haven't been to OCRC... from what I gather about the track I can see the heavy spring with 30wt in the front to loose some of the grab in the front. If you have too much bite in the front it will scrub all your speed every time you turn and make the rear loose... the light spring and fluid in the back sounds a little strange.. but hey... see what the guys that are winning are using.. not the guys that offer you unsolicited advice..

Tow for the tire/axles is the angle of the tire from front to back

Tow "in" //---\\ Tow "out" \\---// "Not recommended"

You want front Tow in the front to be straight or slightly tow out to help you enter turns quicker.

Rear hub spacing adjusts the effective chassis length... spacers to the front makes the length longer better for straight away acceleration and control.. spacers to the back makes the car shorter and helps turn better...

These cars are infinitely adjustable!!! Make single changes and run them.. see if it helps.. try not to worry about everything.. you will chase the setup forever! Best thing is to get the truck stable and drive it!

Good luck!

Jerome

The rear stock is slightly tow in to help stabilize forward acceleration.