R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sportsmanship or stupid?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 10:07 PM
David Day
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bentgear
Three reasons for the courtesy shown in the vid: (my take on it anyway)

1. It’s a BIG race. Not a weekend spent at the hobby shop having a good time.

2. The announcer.

3. Driver courtesy. It’s a big race. Top two drivers are in a heated battle for FIRST place. It is close to the finish. Enuff of a battle that fractions of a second might determine the outcome. Courtesy might be shown at mid point of the race, but not like this. Could you imagine the thread that would get started if one of the lapped cars had determined the outcome.

4. Lets throw in a forth. Nobody wanted to be the bonehead that messed up the race for the top two because of some freak accident.

At local races the person doing the lapping should be good enuff to get around the person being lapped for the second, third, forth, etc. time. After all they did it the first time. Not saying that courtesy should not be shown by the person getting lapped.........it should, but the person doing the lapping should not blatantly run thru them. Unless they are blocking on purpose, in that case all bets are off.

Ed M.
I agree with everything said here. I personally wouldn't care if it was the biggest IFMAR championship EVER, even if there were three cars battling and I was battling someone else for position, I am not going to get out of the way. And if you are a real racer, anyone would understand it that way.

Everything else in that quote said is truth, and should be seen as the way it is with racing