R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - mod bugggy
Thread: mod bugggy
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 09:27 AM
d16dcoe45
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
do stay away from the CR, its a step back.

R
I understand you had a terrible time with the CR, but I constantly see you telling other people to run away from it--I don't think that is fair. You act as if its the worst car for EVERYONE. Everyone has their opinions but some guys love the CR, some love the B4, others dig the rb5. If one car was truly the "best" for every driver, you would see the entire 2wd class composed of that car. Some people like the forgiving nature of the CR, some guys need a car that carves and can rotate well--B4, other people like the balanced nature of the rb5--good rear bite, nice turn in.

The CR is my favorite car I own--out of truck, 4wd and buggies. I never break any parts--once you put graphite front arms on it its pretty bulletproof. The main thing that guys break are the ea3 front arms. It actually made 2wd my favorite class. It needs work (in terms of setup) out of the box to get it steering nicely--once you nail the setup though the car is incredible to drive.

I have a B4 but even with a "forgiving" setup on it its not nearly as planted as my CR. I can turn a better lap in the B4 but I can qualify and run a better race in the CR. Crazy fast single laps don't win races.