R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 08:57 PM
DARKSIDE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

we are recomending a 6.0 for brushless and 9.0 for brushed...when running our club combo of 27t/17.5 and 6cell/lipo....I tried it on both my cars and my speeds were great....and very close as a result of a heat in todays race with 5-6 guys all on the same lap...its not a rule for us but seems to be the right combo for what we are running on a club level.......

ps...I would hope in the near future the USVTA changes the rules on 4cell setup and lipo....a FDR works great IMO and helps keep everyone equal without the 4cell....even running a "FASTER" setup will slow you down with the FDR...we have had awsome results with attendance and FUN factor with what we are running...you dont get this many ppl to show up if you are not doing something right...just hate going against the grain, but it is whats best for our racers and tracks...

our race director said it best......"FUN,FAIR,CHEAP"

this is just my $0.02....and hope it helps some of you get your class built-up to your liking...its a wonderful class to race in and if you get setup right..its limitless to what you can do with it...cya and thanks for listen...